Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Apple ID is locked
I wait for them to send me a email to get it unlocked but i never get one:(,what can i do?
Why don,t they give a option of sending me a text?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Apple ID is locked
I wait for them to send me a email to get it unlocked but i never get one:(,what can i do?
Due to SIM swaps, texts are an extremely insecure means of unlocking an account.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Apple ID is locked
This sounds like a phishing attempt, could very likely be fake. If you were notified that your Apple ID is locked from an email or via a popup in Safari, then I wouldn't give out any credentials. IF you already sent someone your Apple ID credentials, then you should change your iCloud password.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I logged in to the APP store.
I tried to get a APP from the App store. Ebay and other sites send me texts so i don,t know why Apple can,t do the same for me.:confused:i don,t use ICloud.
If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:
  • “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"
If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.
If you use security questions with your Apple ID, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I remembered being in this same situation one point, and used allot of "trusting" back and fourth between devices to get my Apple unlocked myself as Apple didn't wanna help me.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I got it sorted ,i just put my name as in my login to my computer,i did not put my email address in there silly me:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.