Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J-Dub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
I have an iPad 3, formerly running jailbroken 7.0.4. Performed a DFU to 7.0.6 and I'm stuck at the point where I'm supposed to enter my Apple ID and password. Not working on the device, though it works as expected to log into icloud.com, and it works fine on my iPhone. I removed the iPad from my devices in iCloud, as I read elsewhere that would clear this condition, but I still can't get past the prompt. Ideas?

J-Dub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
First post because other issues I was able to work out myself. You could have simply said you don't have anything to offer. The case I have open with Apple indicates that, among other things, your theory is as full of crap as you are. Thanks anyway.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
First post because other issues I was able to work out myself. You could have simply said you don't have anything to offer. The case I have open with Apple indicates that, among other things, your theory is as full of crap as you are. Thanks anyway.

well it is not a theory, it is a fact. how would i possibly know that you have a case open with apple? you did not mention that.

there is no way to bypass the activation screen without the apple id and password. if you have proof of ownership with receipts then apple MAY reset it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.