Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hi

Just update my iMac to Catalina and in system preference ask me sign in Apple ID. I did sign in then ask me iMac password and I enter it and it keep having red badge of number one asking me sign Apple ID. It keeps coming back. How I get it stop coming back?

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hi

Just update my iMac to Catalina and in system preference ask me sign in Apple ID. I did sign in then ask me iMac password and I enter it and it keep having red badge of number one asking me sign Apple ID. It keeps coming back. How I get it stop coming back?

Patience.... I got four or five prompts for my account password, icloud password and twice my iPhone passcode.

Glad they didnt ask to set up Apple Pay

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Same here, restarted, tried to keep typing it in but it just comes back. If I check my iCloud settings it's the 'Keychain' option that keeps turning itself off

Reactions: twanj

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Ok sorted now, clicked Sign Out, it asked if I wanted to keep copies of my data I clicked cancel and then it asked me for my iPhone passcode, it then signed in and Keychain is ticked and iCloud Handoff stuff seems to be syncing.

adr1974

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
Ok sorted now, clicked Sign Out, it asked if I wanted to keep copies of my data I clicked cancel and then it asked me for my iPhone passcode, it then signed in and Keychain is ticked and iCloud Handoff stuff seems to be syncing.

I think the timing was coincidental. Eventually, I was prompted to enter my iPad's password...and since then it's worked.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Sam Issue, keep getting asked to enter passwords. If I hit sign out, then cancel, it doesn't do anything, still asking for iCloud password, then password for my iMac.
Man, was this OS beta tested before release??

• Wow
Reactions: twanj and IowaLynn

adr1974

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
It works great now. Apple Music, however, has **** the bed.

edit: never mind. somehow, the 'sync library' had become unchecked.

Reactions: justice4all77

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Same here.

Same here.

I checked my iCloud and I also have keychain unticked too. So I try sign out and sign in My iCloud account and that seem solve problem for me. Hopefully........longest so far not have popup appear.

Reactions: Elmo1938 and twanj

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Signing out of iCloud and back in fixes this bug. Or it did on my iOS devices. But why the **** hasn't Apple figured this out and fixed it yet. It's been a problem since the summer. And I don't particularly like going through the whole mess of iCloud signing out and in, and feel like it's a place where some unfortunate data loss could easily occur.

Reactions: justice4all77

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Ugh... This is really annoying. I have logged in 10 times and still get the message that I have to log in. Does Apple even test it's OS'es like macOS and iOS?
[automerge]1570486457[/automerge]

Reactions: twanj

justice4all77

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2018
Followed some other suggestions of signing out of iCloud, reboot, then sign back in. So many scary warning messages about signing out made me turn back a couple of times until I just couldn't take seeing that red icon asking for my Apple ID password anymore.

Lots of little things to do when signing back in, messed up my calendar with duplicate entries, a few other weird things but it seems to have fixed the issue. This is a big mess up, hopefully it gets fixed without the hassle of everyone having to log out/in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.