Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
I've heard of similar devices for the 8 bit Ataris, although I don't believe quite as intuitive. It's certainly a concern of mine, considering some of my game floppies for my Atari 800 are as old as I am. It's a great idea, something I'll need to look into myself.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
aquajet said:
I've heard of similar devices for the 8 bit Ataris, although I don't believe quite as intuitive. It's certainly a concern of mine, considering some of my game floppies for my Atari 800 are as old as I am. It's a great idea, something I'll need to look into myself.
Ya, I hacked an iOpener and used it, running Windows, with the Atari 800 serial cable device. It doesn't work so well. My main Atari 8-bit emulator has been the Dreamcast for a while now, but now that I've found the GP2X (video here, it handles almost all of my emulation needs. Not bad for $169.

Arn just picked one up as well.

blakespot

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
blakespot said:
Ya, I hacked an iOpener and used it, running Windows, with the Atari 800 serial cable device. It doesn't work so well. My main Atari 8-bit emulator has been the Dreamcast for a while now, but now that I've found the GP2X (video here, it handles almost all of my emulation needs. Not bad for $169.

Arn just picked one up as well.

blakespot

the dreamcast is great, i have bleemcast tekken 3, a few older sega emulators a SNES emulator a neo geo emulator and a few other , it dont do bad for as old as the hardware is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.