Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
All in one device! Jobs just announced it! Looks like most of us are getting what we wished for! And it IS being called the iPhone (at least that's what Steve said, but then he keeps calling it an iPod)!

He says he's been looking forward to this device for 2.5 years, and it is truly revolutionary, years of research and development. The entire interface changes depending on the app. No keyboard. No stylus. Use your finger. Handles multiple presses at once. RUNS OS X, runs desktop-class applications.

UPDATES: Holy crap, AND it's thinner than a Q at 11.6mm!! 8GB capacity, 2MP camera, syncs everything with iTunes....Bluetooth, Wifi, GSM+EDGE.

And a proximity sensor to turn off the touch sensitivity when you hold it up to your face!!!!

I think I'm going to wet myself.

Wow. This sounds awesome.

Right now, I'm just scared about how much it's going to cost because I'm pretty sure I am buying one.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
oh yeah. Going to get myself a late x'mas gift and an early birthday present.

let me pinch myself ... yup, not dreaming.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Whoa, this is interesting: It appears to know where you are. Steve didn't say anything about GPS, but he was able to find a Starbucks nearby. Wonder if it's using cell phone tower triangulation or something.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
5 hours of talk time, video, or browsing.

16 hours of music playback.

Whoever's doing the MacRumor's feed isn't very specific.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.