Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
These days I guess it is best not to sync or use iCloud services with Apple. Never ever did like them iCloud sync options. Best to just keep stuff synced with your own personal computer and to keep all personal stuff on a device that has no internet access for privacy of data protection.

All these new applications that come out require you to sync your personal stuff with their server and many of them even charge you for that service too. For them it is a win deal thing to where they charge you for the application and then sell you an application that does not allow you to use your own space on your own device to store your info but makes you pay for the space to upload onto their server which is ridiculous. This is why I boycott applications like Evernote. If they were after servicing you then they would give you an option to sync or not to sync but when you only have one option which is to pay for storage on their cloud service it gets a big thumbs down from me on their software and customer service.

http://bgr.com/2013/05/01/apple-data-protection-eff/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.