Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
First off, I love my case. It may not be the best but it just works for me.

But for those of you that do have this case, how do you give it a nice clean? It seems that a wet paper towel leaves a bigger mess then it cleans and I'm thinking any towel would do the same. Maybe there's a better way that I'm missing here.

Also in regards to the lint and dirt that builds in the crevices where the iPad sits, what's the best way to get that nice and clean?

Thanks for the input on how to keep the case looking sparkly new. :)

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I just took the iPad out, put the case in a sink of soapy water, scrubbed, rinse and air dried. Just like doing the dishes. Came out like new and stayed clean for about...10 minutes.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Interesting I thought of Armorall but was afraid to do it. I'm going to try it. Should be great! ;)

christianinri

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2010
I have Huggies baby wipes and it works wonders when cleaning the case. Mine was looking a bit ratty and I applied the wipes to it and made it look brand new. Get one without any alcohol and you should be good.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I just took the iPad out, put the case in a sink of soapy water, scrubbed, rinse and air dried. Just like doing the dishes. Came out like new and stayed clean for about...10 minutes.

I'm going to give this a try :) only problem is I hate dishes!!!

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
This is the best stuff to clean your case immaculately in under 30 seconds:
-303 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. This stuff is amazing.

If you can't find somewhere to buy that, then Windex works pretty well too. I use this with a dish cloth.

I don't recommend soap or any cleaner that contains detergent - because detergents leave a slight residue.

Windex and 303 cleaner both clean but leave no residue. So your case will look exactly like new.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
I've just tried 303 Protectant, which is even better at keeping the Apple case clean than Armor All, which I have recommended elsewhere. This is the best product yet for reducing, if not entirely eliminating, the case's bizarre crud-magnet quality.

davidm5377

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Not OCD, but that case was to much of a pain to keep clean. I returned mine and put it towards the keyboard.
Bought a Brown leather case from HD acessary for $12. Anti glare film from Power Support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.