Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
What does this case feel like to touch? I saw one for the first time in person today and I really like how it looks. It looks like it would be super soft and smooth.

I didn't buy one because I live over an hour away from the apple store (so I had never seen one in person) and read that it is impossibly difficult to keep clean. However, I think it is pretty sexy and I think I want one. I'm just curious what it feels like to touch. I am too chicken to ask my boss if I can feel his iPad case. lol.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
They're not really particularly nice to touch. They feel almost like a very fine layer of velvet over cardboard.

They are absolutely impossible to keep clean.

They also fray very easily at the edges.

However, in my mind they are still the best iPad case available due to the snug fit over the device and the complete coverage.

Worth the money though? Probably not.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
They're not really particularly nice to touch. They feel almost like a very fine layer of velvet over cardboard.

They are absolutely impossible to keep clean.

They also fray very easily at the edges.

However, in my mind they are still the best iPad case available due to the snug fit over the device and the complete coverage.

Worth the money though? Probably not.

What I liked about what I saw was how sleek it is and how it covers all of the edges. I currently have a portfolio case and I really do love it because it has a built in kickstand....but after seeing the apple case...the case I have at home just looks so bulky and cheap. Also there is too much around the edges that is uncovered.

Velvet over cardboard doesn't sound bad. I was wondering if it would be soft or rough to touch. I know it sounds weird but you know the nails on a chalkboard thing? I get that same irky feeling with scratching canvas or materials that feel similar to canvas. So that is why the feel of the material is very important to me and why all of my cases have been leather or imitation leather.

Do you know if best buy has any on display that I can touch?

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
What I liked about what I saw was how sleek it is and how it covers all of the edges. I currently have a portfolio case and I really do love it because it has a built in kickstand....but after seeing the apple case...the case I have at home just looks so bulky and cheap. Also there is too much around the edges that is uncovered.

Velvet over cardboard doesn't sound bad. I was wondering if it would be soft or rough to touch. I know it sounds weird but you know the nails on a chalkboard thing? I get that same irky feeling with scratching canvas or materials that feel similar to canvas. So that is why the feel of the material is very important to me and why all of my cases have been leather or imitation leather.

Do you know if best buy has any on display that I can touch?
Best Buy does carry them. They don't feel like canvas; they feel very smooth. I like mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.