Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jocpocloc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
This forum is for those who ordered online and scheduled for pickup at their local Apple Store (I don't mean reserve for pickup.)

On 9/9, at 10:34am (EST.) I preordered an iPhone 7 128gb Matte Black (T-Mobile GSM Unlocked), and it is still in the "Processing" stage. This is my first time not getting my preorder shipped directly to me. I decided it would be easier and less of a hassle to pick it up, and it will be available for pickup on Sept. 16. For orders bought online and scheduled for pickup, should I still expect to see the "Preparing for Shipment" stage? Or will I just have to wait until the 15th-16th to see any movement in my order status? Will it tell me if the phone is shipping to the Apple Store? If so, would I be able to track it?

olliewollie1

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
This forum is for those who ordered online and scheduled for pickup at their local Apple Store (I don't mean reserve for pickup.)

On 9/9, at 10:34am (EST.) I preordered an iPhone 7 128gb Matte Black (T-Mobile GSM Unlocked), and it is still in the "Processing" stage. This is my first time not getting my preorder shipped directly to me. I decided it would be easier and less of a hassle to pick it up, and it will be available for pickup on Sept. 16. For orders bought online and scheduled for pickup, should I still expect to see the "Preparing for Shipment" stage? Or will I just have to wait until the 15th-16th to see any movement in my order status? Will it tell me if the phone is shipping to the Apple Store? If so, would I be able to track it?

I'm in the same boat. I personally believe our orders are given to a batch of devices they have in a holding facility that are dedicated for instore preorders. As I'm in Australia, id imagine my iPhone is in the holding facility in Sydney and will probably be dispatched Thursday sometime via air freight and be delivered over night to the Perth store.

Mythicstatus2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Toronto
I thought i reserved for pick up but my amex just got charged a few minutes ago. So now i am confused.

32G 7plus Gold.

My order page still shows sep 16 pick up location and time and its still processing.

janita

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
I thought i reserved for pick up but my amex just got charged a few minutes ago. So now i am confused.

32G 7plus Gold.

My order page still shows sep 16 pick up location and time and its still processing.

Same here.

128G Black 7, reserved for pickup on Sept. 16th. Status is still processing. I just checked my credit card and it now has a pending charge for the total price of the phone that posted within the last hour.

Last edited:

Jocpocloc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016

32G 7plus Gold.

My order page still shows sep 16 pick up location and time and its still processi

32G 7plus Gold.

Did you reserve for pickup or schedule to come in for pick up? I thought reserve for pickup meant Apple holds on to the phone and you have to pay in store.

Reactions: apwtwenty

Mythicstatus2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Toronto

I was under the same impression. When i reserved my iPhone 6 plus. I just paid in store. They did not charge me beforehand. This is new.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Apparently Apple are doing pr-order for in store pick up differently this year. Last year they charged you when you went to pick up the phone This year it looks like they are taking payment in advance. It's probably to reduce scalpers as well as those people who order phones especially multiple ones for pick up but then don't bother actually doing so. It's the same here in the U.K. Pre-order for pick up orders are being charged in advance here too.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO

I'm in the exact same situation, but I purchased a few hours after you.

There are generally three ways to get an iPhone from a physical Apple store:

1. Walk in and get one they have in stock, like a keyboard or lightning cable. This is obviously not how people in this thread are doing it. ;)
  2. Reserve one from available stock, then purchase it once you arrive at the store. This is the program that Apple will be renewing Sep 17. Again, this is not how people in this thread are doing it.
  3. Pre-order the phone but instead of having it shipping to home or work, pick it up from a physical Apple store. This is what we are doing. So just like people who pre-ordered and shipped, we are getting charged for the phone before we actually get it.

I do not know at what point our orders will show something different from "Processing" status.
Perhaps they go to "Shipping To Store" at some point? Dunno.

Gzalito

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
I'm in the exact same situation, but I purchased a few hours after you.

There are generally three ways to get an iPhone from a physical Apple store:

1. Walk in and get one they have in stock, like a keyboard or lightning cable. This is obviously not how people in this thread are doing it. ;)
  2. Reserve one from available stock, then purchase it once you arrive at the store. This is the program that Apple will be renewing Sep 17. Again, this is not how people in this thread are doing it.
  3. Pre-order the phone but instead of having it shipping to home or work, pick it up from a physical Apple store. This is what we are doing. So just like people who pre-ordered and shipped, we are getting charged for the phone before we actually get it.

I do not know at what point our orders will show something different from "Processing" status.
Perhaps they go to "Shipping To Store" at some point? Dunno.
You nailed it.. actually point 3 : it will change to "Ready for pick up" (usually on thursday). What i don´t know is what´s the hold time if you cant make it to the check in window...

matt550

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
I didn't have the option to do in store pick up. I'd rather do that. I wonder if it has to do with the AT&T NEXT stuff. Oh well, maybe next time

Gzalito

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Yup, this post it´s only for unlocked /paid full devices, to be picked up at 16.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Yup, this post it´s only for unlocked /paid full devices, to be picked up at 16.

Not really unlocked though,as the att/tmobile will work only on those 2 networks and the verizon/sprint will work on all 4 here in the usa....

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Anyone else have this on there in store pick up status
2a6631b8aa53c5fe1dfee58f92af4181.jpg

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Is anyone's still processing items?
Yes, still processing. When I look at my order status through the iOS app, I see three possible states - "Processing," the current state, "Ready for pickup," and "Picked up." So my current thought is that the status will not change at all until sometime Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.