Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterfrederick

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hello!

I have an obsession with iPhone cases. I’ve been compared to a woman who collects shoes and handbags. By far my favorite iPhone X cases are the ones that Apple makes. My only frustration is that for whatever reason Apple has decided not to pay the extra $1 to cover and protect the bottom of the iPhone. Not only does this frustrate me from a design perspective but also from the perspective of protecting the phone.

Curious to hear from people who have used the Apple iPhone cases for an extended period of time. Do you find that the bottom of the phone gets damaged or scratched? Should I trust Apple and the fact that the bottom of my phone doesn’t need protection despite what other case manufacturers do?

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
The exposed bottom always bothered me, so my previous case of choice was spigen (which I still like), but with the X, I decided to try an apple case & really like it!

I chose the silicone case & I like it! These will be most likely my choices of cases from now on.

deb90

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Siena, Italy
I only use apple leather and silicon cases on my iPhone X (and also with my old iphone 7, 6s, 6, 5) and I don't have any damage on the bottom.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I only use apple leather and silicon cases on my iPhone X (and also with my old iphone 7, 6s, 6, 5) and I don't have any damage on the bottom.
My iPhone X is 90% of the time in an Apple case and so far hasn't taken any damage to its worthy bottom. :)
Same thing with my previous iPhones...

Reactions: deb90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.