Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2024
After upgrading my phone it locked. I sent apple original purchase receipt but they said they can not unlock it. This means Apple is not functioning correctly. It seems after all these years hard work in apple wear and tear has caused apple not function properly and should probably thrown into garbage bin.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Are you wanting a solution or are you just having a rant? I can't help but feel we only know part of the story here. Are you saying it just bricked itself after an update? Or are you saying you've basically locked the phone by losing / forgetting literally all your login details, pass-code, and your security questions?

If the latter, then yes, I think your phone is fundamentally bricked. But that's not Apple's fault.

If the former, maybe take it to an Apple store, explain what you did, and maybe they will be able to fix it.

Sometimes the problem is (and this is my programmer-head speaking here), every time you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come along with a better idiot. Not that I'm at all suggesting that's the case here..

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Sounds like you're not giving us the entire story.. With the way you've worded your post I'm sure the response you received from Apple was correct..

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.