Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jt1968

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2017
Hey everyone,

I have a Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook PC laptop running the very latest version of Windows 10 (20H2). I was just given an Apple iSight external Firewire camera that I would like to use for Zoom meetings using this laptop. I have a Firewire PCMCIA IEEE1394 card installed in the laptop.

How do I get this camera to work in Windows 10? Where can I go to get drivers and software for it? Is this even possible, or will it only run on a Mac?

Thanks in advance for any info or answers!

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
Hey everyone,

I have a Panasonic CF-31 Toughbook PC laptop running the very latest version of Windows 10 (20H2). I was just given an Apple iSight external Firewire camera that I would like to use for Zoom meetings using this laptop. I have a Firewire PCMCIA IEEE1394 card installed in the laptop.

How do I get this camera to work in Windows 10? Where can I go to get drivers and software for it? Is this even possible, or will it only run on a Mac?

Thanks in advance for any info or answers!

Have to agree with @maflynn here. Why go through all this trouble with old tech if you can buy USB webcams starting from around $20 which are plug and play?

Reactions: maflynn

jt1968

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2017
thank you for the replies. I know it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a new webcam, but this one was given to me, so I thought I’d see if I could get it to work. I’ll check out the boot camp drivers page, and if I can’t make it work, it’ll become a stock item at the movie prop house where I work, and will be placed on the shelf along with the old Mac laptops and Apple IIe.

Reactions: AndyMacAndMic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.