Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
If i want to sign up for iOS or mac os x how i plan to make a IT app what would it go under for the apple app?

I want to sell it to IT but what store would it be in?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
If i want to sign up for iOS or mac os x how i plan to make a IT app what would it go under for the apple app?

I want to sell it to IT but what store would it be in?

Calling something an "IT app" doesn't clearly explain what you're doing and your questions don't really make sense. If the app you're building runs on a Mac, it would go to the Mac App Store. If it runs in iOS, it'd go into what Apple calls the App Store.

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Calling something an "IT app" doesn't clearly explain what you're doing and your questions don't really make sense. If the app you're building runs on a Mac, it would go to the Mac App Store. If it runs in iOS, it'd go into what Apple calls the App Store.

i thought it was different in he iT apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think an IT app is different from an iT app. :D

Can you give us an example of what you think an IT app actually is?

I know what an IT tech is, and I know basically what an IT department does. But, I can't decide what an IT app might be.
Please help us understand what you mean?

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
I was talking about enterprise but i want to pay the $99 and work on enterprise but not pay the $200.00 can i do this with the $99.00?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Seems fairly simple to me:
If you are developing apps that you will distribute on the App Store, you pay the $99.
If you are developing apps that will be internally distributed and used within your company or organization, etc - then you would be on the $299/yr.
If you are not sure which designation you are under, I am sure you can contact Developer support for a good answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.