Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manic

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Okay, so im new to Mac. In fact, I havent even yet bought mine, but Im doing an awesome amount of research on what makes Apple Apple and - God, youve got to respect this company. There is so much history behing that logo and its products. Ive watched every WWDC keynote video since jobs returned to the company. Its unbelievable. Its like watching history being made in front of my eyes. I cant believe what ive been missing. Now I understand why theres so much passion behind this company. Im a new convert, and Ill be evangelizing anyone I can.

Just wanted to put this out - dont really have friends who are into mac so that I could share my excitement. Oh, and by the way, Ive learned so much from steves speech skills. Thats how every presentation should be done. And he manages to do it in such a humble way

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I too enjoy watching Jobs present Apple's keynote's. If it was anybody else performing the presentation it wouldn't be the same. I would say 90% of the reason why the keynotes are so entertaining is because of Steve Jobs.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Yes.

Apple historically has had great advertising (until recently). Go here: http://cupertino.de/pages/frameset.html

The site is in german, but Anzeigen is print advertising, Broschuren is brochures, and TV spots are TV spots. Most of the content is in english. If you go to confidential, you can find a section with prototypes.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
dpaanlka said:
Apple historically has had great advertising (until recently).
Still beats the Switcher ads, which were counterproductive because they suggested that in order to be a mac user you'd have to give up Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.