Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
there are 22 iTS now.

there are still 171 countries without an iTunes store.

some facts to note:

there are no South American stores.

there are no African stores.

;)

and none in Asia except for Japan (South Korea?)

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Well, it's crap.

Hardly anything in it, and you can't seem to buy more than three songs off Nevermind and 2 albums by Bob Dylan.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
I've already bought an album, a single song (for an album I already have, but skips during that song), checked for album art, and bought an ipod game.

Mostly for the sake of novelty, I guess.

Interestingly, I think the songs are priced at NZ$1.79, which is cheaper than the AUS$1.79? Maybe it's the competition here with digirama, coke tunes, and that other new one.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Well, it's crap.

Hardly anything in it, and you can't seem to buy more than three songs off Nevermind and 2 albums by Bob Dylan.

Well, some people are just never happy :p

When the US store started there were only 250,000 songs. You guys started with over 2 million. Give it a few weeks/months and more will be added.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Well, some people are just never happy :p

When the US store started there were only 250,000 songs. You guys started with over 2 million. Give it a few weeks/months and more will be added.

What's annoying is that you can only buy two or three individual songs off of some albums, while having to pay the full price to get all of them. I blame the record industry.

It's not good enough. That's not what iTunes is supposed to be about.

McDave

macrumors newbie
GENERAL: RNS: Satement from Renaissance 08:33am
RNS
06/12/2006
GENERAL

REL: 0833 HRS Renaissance Corporation Limited

GENERAL: RNS: Satement from Renaissance

Renaissance would like to advise that following Apple's launch this morning
of the Apple Online Store and iTunes Online Store, Renaissance will no longer
be responsible for maintaining the web site and online store on Apple's
behalf.

As a result of this change, New Zealand will now come under Apple's worldwide
pricing model.

Renaissance expects this to help increase overall demand for Apple products
across all channels in the country.

While this change means Apple will have a direct online presence in New
Zealand, Renaissance will continue to manage the distribution of Apple
products in New Zealand. There are no changes in the contractual agreement
between Apple and Renaissance.
End CA:00140930 For:RNS Type:GENERAL Time:2006-12-06:08:33:11

Yaaaayy - 8-10% discount on all products!

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
At least they have Split Enz' first record. I'm betting I am the only person who has bought it.

joeyboy76

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2003
Singapore
how about the Singapore iTunes music store? given that we had the Online Store for the longest time and Apple even used to manufacture macs here....

winmacguy

macrumors 68020
Nov 8, 2003
New Zealand
Well, it's crap.

Give it time. I seem to remember hearing the the US iTunes store didn't have much in it either in comparison when it first opened. I am sure that there will be a whole load of artists queing up to get their stuff loaded now that the store has opened.

Aus is a bit of a backwater!

Super12 videopodcasts will seal the deal

McD

Someone living under a rock?:rolleyes:

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
on a side note, i went to an Apple Centre in Christchurch (i forget the name, though). It was the best Apple Centre i've been in. They had every Mac on display; all the iMacs, different configs of Mac Mini, etc. I haven't seen one in Australia that does that yet.

Enjoi the new store, kiwis!
Would it be MagnumMac by chance?
you should check out their Auckland Showroom...

Lewisham

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2003
Negative votes

Perhaps the negative votes are for the rather large gulf between the prices in the US store and the NZ one?

I looked up an educational Macbook Pro NZ against a non-edu one from the US (this is how my setup works, my missus is a student here).

The US one was 800NZD less, although the NZ one did have sales tax on it. Even after you start crunching those numbers, you're looking at at least 400NZD, which is 275USD.

That's a pretty big shipping charge.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Some people have voted "negative" on this story! :eek: :confused:

If I had any doubts that people click randomly when rating stories, they have now been erased.

Unless somebody can enlighten me as to why this is an unfortunate event.

Because we want one in South Africa too!

oober_freak

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2005
Indian Ocean
Apple India store please. :mad:

We have had a catalog Apple store for two years now. We deserve better!

Unlike the Chinese, Indians do buy CDs. But, to counter the ever-increasing piracy, we need iTs here!!! All we have is lame Windows-only WMA-DRM'ed crap! Even then, these stores do record decent sales.

winmacguy

macrumors 68020
Nov 8, 2003
New Zealand
Maybe Apple might start running its Get a Mac ads on NZ TV as well as the ones for buying tracks from the iTunes NZ music store????

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
Some people have voted "negative" on this story! :eek: :confused:

If I had any doubts that people click randomly when rating stories, they have now been erased.

Unless somebody can enlighten me as to why this is an unfortunate event.

I'm sure some record label execs who lurk MR aren't happy with the price scheme present in the store (they don;t get royalties for each computer sold with speakers, so they assume it would only be fair to double the price point), hence the negative votes :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Do you know what other countries in Central and South America do not have an iTunes Store?

You mean apart from "none of them"??

Ah well, at least things are still moving and the iTS hasn't stagnated.

Welcome aboard to our cousins from the Shaky Isles. How come you guys get the Red iPods and we don't?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.