Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will launch its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in India on October 17, according to the company's official website for the region. Apple has not revealed pricing details for the two devices in the region, although it is likely that prices will be close to the $649 (Rs 39,500) and $749 (Rs 45,600) U.S. prices for the 16GB iPhone 6 and 16GB iPhone 6 Plus, respectively.

iphone6_india-800x351.jpg
It is also possible that Apple will roll out the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to a number of other countries on the same day as it has done with past launches. Last year, Apple launched the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in India and 15 other countries on November 1, and eventually reached its slated target of availability in 100 countries by the end of 2013.

Apple will launch the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus in the first wave of countries on September 19, with pre-orders beginning on September 12. Both models will be available in Space Grey, Gold, and Silver variants in storage capacities of 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.

Article Link: Apple Launching iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in India on October 17

H1a1K

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Officially announced in Saudi Arabia via one of the major providers that it will be launched 16 days from today. FYI.

kvj.bhati

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
please help.
my brother can buy iPhone in Canada in send me at India.
it does work in India or not

vseera

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
Of course it works, if its unlocked.

Anyway, I am happy to see this announcement. Was hoping we get it sooner but still..
I hope they let us pre order it in a timely fashion.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
Nice. Though I think the final prices will be more like ₹ 53000 for iphone 6 and ₹ 60000 for 6Plus. That's what the 5s sold for last year.

thmsup

macrumors member
May 10, 2013
Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I want to make sure real quick.

I'm from Germany, currently living in the US, until September 25. I want to buy the iPhone 6 in the States. So would need it unlocked (sim free).

But i cannot find this specification on the iPhones website yet.

Is that common, that there is no sim free version at the initial date in the US?

sachinwalia

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2010
Bay Area, CA
You can buy the T-Mobile version which is contract free. I bought this version of iPhone 5s to send it to my brother-in-law in India last year and works perfectly there.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
I remember when I worked at the apple store Indians would say giga like jigga. "I'd like the 8 jigga" and then I'd be like "jigga whattttt?!?!"

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I remember when I worked at the apple store Indians would say giga like jigga. "I'd like the 8 jigga" and then I'd be like "jigga whattttt?!?!"

Mostly Indians say GB for gig for e.g 16 GB etc... Never heard anyone say Jigga !! Again it is a huge country, wrong to generalise on just 1 or 2 guys saying it that way !

kentzler

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Mexico gets iPhone 6 on Sept. 19!

Surprisingly, Apple will launch the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus on September 19 here in Mexico. Even though it's not on the list of countries Apple published, Mexican carrier Telcel said it will be released the 19th.

domo-origoto

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2014
Why would you say that? I mean, just plain bashing for no apparent reason?

Coming back to the topic, there is no way in hell its going to be that cheap! Contradicts the previous trends.

there will always be the unfortunate....of some who wont get it till october

paunchy

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
London
All the Indian banks should start an exclusive Apple iPhone Loan coz this phone is going to way too costly. I guess in the cost of one iPhone 6/6+ one can buy
bike or a TV or Refrigerator or Xbox/PS4 or Furniture or cheap discount clothes or buy a iPad mini and tell ppl that it is iPhone 6+.

Cactii

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I would like to see the sales numbers after one month. India being one of the fastest growing Mobile Nation. This should be interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.