Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coachbrady79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
Can anyone share their experience with the apple leather and nomad leather case ? Pics as well if you can share, thanks !!

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Nomad leather case has a plastic bumper on the sides giving you greater control and less patina on the sides. The back leather is super soft and ages really well with time. But that plastic bumper makes the case add a bit of weight/size to the phone.

The Apple leather case fits like a glove and feels amazing in the hand. However, they coat their leather with wax and it does not age well often looking really bad with heavy use over time especially on the edges of the case where it contacts your hands frequently. But that glove like feel makes it great.

I use Andar/Bullstrap/BlackBrook cases and prefer them to Apple and Nomad - but that’s my personal preference.

I very highly recommend you checking out : https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/leather-cases-patina-proud-photos.2091430/

Start with the latest post first as they are a bit more applicable to modern cases/phones. Lots of photos.

Happy reading. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.