Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
1st they siad there was 2 batteries in the iPhone. I just got off the phone wit a tech. and they said that in order to have the ipod working 24 is to have the "Airplane Mode" on. that means no calls, internet, nothing. i left my ipod on.. and it died on me 5hrs later. Can you guys test yours and tell how many battery life you have for the iPod? Bluetooth was Off.. so was Wifi.. please Post Soon.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
i used wifi on all the time
and ipod about 12 hours
talking
surfing the net on edge
taking pictures
looking up weather
playing with the calculator
im guessing i can do 24

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is this on your first charge cycle, or did you charge it from the halfway charge it came with and then do the test, or has it been run down more than once over the weekend? I mean, Apple lying about battery life would hardly be a new thing :p but 5 vs. 24 seems off....

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
well it drained all the way last nite so right now i'm charging it all the way..so i'm guessing it's 1 Full Cycle right now...last one was i charged it half way till it full.. maybe this time it will work.. i will test it post soon..

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Is this on your first charge cycle, or did you charge it from the halfway charge it came with and then do the test, or has it been run down more than once over the weekend? I mean, Apple lying about battery life would hardly be a new thing :p but 5 vs. 24 seems off....

Not to be off topic but that brings up an interesting question.

Should we run the battery down the first time in order to "calibrate" it ?

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
maybe.. i am doing a full Cycle right now... it was dead asked me to pull it to the A/C not computer! haha

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
1st they siad there was 2 batteries in the iPhone.

Who said it?

Drunk frat boy like podcast hosts said that and you believed them why?

I used mine a LOT and it lasted 1 day with web, movies and email galore.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
me?
full
well the thing was
'
my battery never ran out after all that i did in 8 hours
had about half left

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
first, apple never said the iphone would have two batteries. those were just part of all the rumors leading to macworld. second, hardly any product will see any real life battery performance be that of the rated battery life. overall, I think the iphone's battery life is excellent.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Okay Answr This: Have any of you Drained the battery n Charge it then..? how did u guys charge the battery..? now mine says Usage 9hrs 37Mins. it's still charging but yea.. please post. I thought i heard it in the MacWorld 2007 steve said and i heard it around the internet n stuff.. guess it was wrong..

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Okay So far it says Usage:10hrs 15mins - It never said that b4 it always use to say 3hrs. even when it was full.. i'll update when it's Fully charge and see what happens...

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
ok This is really weird my usuaged chagnd to 16mins.. and now it disappered.. IS THIS NORMAL...? What is going on..???

Sprockets

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
UT, USA
Okay So far it says Usage:10hrs 15mins - It never said that b4 it always use to say 3hrs. even when it was full.. i'll update when it's Fully charge and see what happens...

Isn't the Usage indicating how long you've been using the phone? I don't believe it's a countdown, which it sounds like you're looking at it as. I could be reading this wrong.

Sprockets

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
UT, USA
ok This is really weird my usuaged chagnd to 16mins.. and now it disappered.. IS THIS NORMAL...? What is going on..???

It resets after a full charge.

I just looked at my Usage and "Usage" is about 3 hours and "Standby" is about 4. I take that to mean that I took it off the charging dock about 7 hours ago.

Did you take yours off the charger 16 minutes ago? I can't think of why it would "disappear" though.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
read their site

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

specifically regarding the 24 hour apple state:

Audio playback: Up to 24 hours.

Audio Playback: Testing conducted by Apple in May and June 2007 using preproduction iPhone units and software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks, a combination of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (128-Kbps AAC encoding). All settings were default except: Call Forwarding was turned on; the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks was turned off. Battery life depends on the cellular network, location, signal strength, feature configuration, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPhone units; actual results may vary.

that's a pretty damn fair test if you ask me.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
they said that in order to have the ipod working 24 is to have the "Airplane Mode" on. that means no calls, internet, nothing. i left my ipod on.. and it died on me 5hrs later. Can you guys test yours and tell how many battery life you have for the iPod? Bluetooth was Off.. so was Wifi.. please Post Soon.
Remember that if you have the phone piece turned on, the iPhone will use battery just to stay in touch with the tower even if you're not using it to talk to anyone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.