Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I got the Lightning to SD card reader as a gift from a friend last year, it was a nice addition to my photo bag. It allowed me to quickly upload pictures from my iPad if I was somewhere where carrying my laptop would be too complicated. It didn't work extremely well and it was slow, but I was really glad I had it when I found some use for it, I never understood why there was no iPhone support but I got over that.

However, it stopped working COMPLETELY since iOS8, it says that my iPad Air is not supported while the Apple Store website says IT IS supported, how can they sell something broken?

Check out the Apple Store page, it's full of negative reviews about this issue that has been going on for a while, how can they pull this thing off?

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD822AM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader

ei8nwl.png

peter329

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
It s probably Chinese clone and not supported by Apple. I am afraid you ate out of luck.

peter329

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Each product has got a serial build in, if that serial does not comply with Apple rules, your product will fail at the next iOS update. Period. Out of luck.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Each product has got a serial build in, if that serial does not comply with Apple rules, your product will fail at the next iOS update. Period. Out of luck.

Dude, the this is original Apple adapter, I attached a link with the Apple website with reviews left by people that bought the product from their website...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.