Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skylarbrenden

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
I've got an old old Apple Lisa Pin (the one pictured. Not the actual photo but this is the same one). It's in perfect condition and I don't think it's ever even been used. I got it from a guy in Canada who has a BUNCH of old Apple stuff, he used to own or manage an old Apple dealership (before they had Apple stores)

Is this thing worth anything? Should I hold onto it for the value to go up or do you think the value will decrease in the coming years as Apple becomes less and less famous lol

Attachments

• redlightrunner_2199_95251374.gif
    redlightrunner_2199_95251374.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 641

skylarbrenden

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Six sold from this seller on a buy it now for US$35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290880881110

Obviously, given your question, you're more interested in it's investment value than owning it as a collector. - no insult intended.

Your decision of when to sell is a hard one to define.

Lol you're absolutely right. But I never said that I wasn't more interested in its value.

That seller only has 5 more left. He was a dealer, too (I've messages him on eBay before). Once those are gone, they're gone. The one I saw the other day on his page for sale had 21 watchers ready to purchase it. That's a extremely high deman for a product on eBay. Crazy high.

I'm just asking because there's an Apple Lisa pin, from the same year with just a purple Apple that's says Lisa and it goes for $400 now, when it went for $50 last year.

I just haven't seen any of these on eBay even under completed listings. I've only seen them being sold from this guy. Even on The Missing Bite, they don't have it.

I'm just curious here

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
It's worth what someone will pay for it. As with most of the vintage pre-680x0 Apple lines, the Lisa has a small but very passionate fan base. You might get someone to buy it for $400, but I definitely wouldn't hold my breath.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Be careful, there... there's a subtle but important difference between "goes for" and "sold for."

David couldn't be more right! There are ipods "going for" $50.000! Are they worth it? Noooooo :eek: Are they going to be sold? What do you think? :rolleyes:

Would you buy a pin for $400?

"Watched" on ebay doesn't mean "going to buy" or "going to bid". I'm watching hundreds of auctions on ebay without buying a single item. Just watching the auctions to be able to see what the stuff goes for after the auction ends :p

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
"Watched" on ebay doesn't mean "going to buy" or "going to bid". I'm watching hundreds of auctions on ebay without buying a single item. Just watching the auctions to be able to see what the stuff goes for after the auction ends :p

Agreed, I watch auctions all the time, usually for the purpose of gauging up or downswings in the vintage Apple market, rather than buying.

skylarbrenden

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
That's what I'm starting to realize.

One thing I noticed is that these are popping up recently. They've been sold on eBay only very recently. I'm hoping that once they're sold, most will be off of the market on eBay for the most part. Then I'll try and sell it for more, maybe $60. Once I bought mine, the guy jacked the price up on all of the rest of them lol.

You'd be surprised on what older Apple products you can buy and sell for a lot more a couple of months later. I remember when I was buying broken PowerBooks and iBooks for $25 or less and reselling them, still AS-IS for $150-$200. I guess some people get really serious about collecting certain vintage apple stuff.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I'm just asking because there's an Apple Lisa pin, from the same year with just a purple Apple that's says Lisa and it goes for $400 now, when it went for $50 last year. ...

lmao people think they can put that high of a price on an apple pin?

Anyways, if you wait a few years and try to sell it for $400, you will 95% most likely NOT get a buyer. GL it seems you have done the research and know how to sell on eBay on other items, let us know how much you get to sell it for though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.