Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
Hey all, MacBook Pro 14 with latest Monterey 12.2.1 here.

Does anyone else have issue with Apple Mail get stuck at syncing after wakeup from sleep overnight? It has exclamation mark on each mailbox and nothing works when clicking sync get mail button.

I hit the close (not quit) red button and try to click the Apple Mail app from dock which is still running in background. It will not show or display the app at all (It is NOT "Not Responding"). It shows it is still running but stuck.

I had to force quit the app everytime and I can repeat this every overnight with the laptop close in clampshell.

---

Side note, I already did a reset of Apple Mail by deleting all the config in the Library. I find this is a weird bug from waking up the macOS from long sleep.

pagedanuk69

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2022
UK
Same problem. 12.2.1 running on 2019 16" MBPro. Constantly find myself quitting Mail and relaunching to get accounts back online. Only happens after my Mac has gone to sleep. Most frustrating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.