Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symoneous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

I frequently run into an issue where I hit reply to an email in mail on MacOS and it only retains the header in the inline message - but none of the body.

The only way I can fix it is: A) hit reply 5-10 times and suddenly the whole message is there or b) start the reply on my iOS device and then find it in the drafts folder.

I am using apple mail 11.5 and macOS 10.13.6 and the email provider in question is google apps for business / gmail.

symon

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
in Mail Preferences there should be (in the Composing tab) a check box that says " Quote the text of original message. "
And then, further down in the same preference pane a check box for what to include, such as " Include all of the original message text. "

you reference a Handoff feature, starting on on device and continuing on another device.
that is an interesting observation. it would be good to check to where you are saving your drafts: is it a network server drafts mailbox, or, " On your phone ". And, is the stated target location for drafts the same on both macOS device and iOS device?
As you suspect, that could be causing problems.

symoneous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2017
hi Niji,

Thanks for the tip! Have changed the last setting you suggested and hope this will resolve. Will try and use for a day now - and report back if any changes.

To the point about using drafts - I think Gmail is doing the syncing between folders on the devices and not handoff.

Thanks again!

Reactions: jpn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.