Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
In Apple Mail in my old Macbook Pro, I could import/align other email accounts and view them in Apple Mail and organize them. I did this with both Inbox and my sent mail from a gmail account and another one.

In my MBA 2022 M2, os 14.4, I can view my inboxes in Apple mail from those email accounts, but I can't view sent mail. The tab is on the left with everything else that mirrors the other server, but when I click on sent mail, the window where the emails would be is blank.

I have checked all the server address settings; they are the same as on my MBP.

How can I view my sent mail from the other accounts in Apple mail on my MBA? Are there other settings, such as boxes to click etc., to enable sent mail to show up in Apple mail? Note I can send and receive mail in Apple mail.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Which mail servers?

Do the sent messages appear in a sent folder when you look at that providers' mail via Safari, if they support it?

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
Does Safari have a mail app similar to Apple Mail? I'm not sure what you mean. Firefox is my default browser, but I'm not sure how to use Safari to look at my Apple Mail.

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
Under the "On my Mac" setting for me I have the opposite problem to you - I can see the sent mail but the inbox remains blank. I have been using the direct link to Google which has been a work around but very recently I rather accidentally found that the "Favourites" at the top - if you move your cursor up to the right of that word - has a > which if you click on it shows All Inboxes and All Sent both of which work well. Hopefully this solves your problem.

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
Under the "On my Mac" setting for me I have the opposite problem to you - I can see the sent mail but the inbox remains blank. I have been using the direct link to Google which has been a work around but very recently I rather accidentally found that the "Favourites" at the top - if you move your cursor up to the right of that word - has a > which if you click on it shows All Inboxes and All Sent both of which work well. Hopefully this solves your problem.
I'm not sure what you mean. How do you use the direct link to Google? I don't see "Favourites" at the top anywhere. I use Firefox as my browser. I open my Mac and click the Apple Mail icon, Apple Mail opens. Could you be specific about what you mean? Thanks.

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
Which mail servers?

Do the sent messages appear in a sent folder when you look at that providers' mail via Safari, if they support it?
Does Safari have a mail app similar to Apple Mail? I'm not sure what you mean. Firefox is my default browser, but I'm not sure how to use Safari to look at my Apple Mail.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Which mail servers?

Yahoo, Google, Exchange ....

To look at Yahoo mail via Safari you go to the Yahoo website, login and then choose the mail option to see your mail. For Google login and select the mail icon, etc.

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
Yahoo, Google, Exchange ....

To look at Yahoo mail via Safari you go to the Yahoo website, login and then choose the mail option to see your mail. For Google login and select the mail icon, etc.
I understand that, but how does that relate to my issue with syncing external accounts into Apple Mail?

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
I also use Firefox but my Mail program works independently from my browser as I run the apple Mail application separately from any browser. What I was referring to is what I see on the left of my mail application when it is open as in the attachment.
Mail program.png

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
I also use Firefox but my Mail program works independently from my browser as I run the apple Mail application separately from any browser. What I was referring to is what I see on the left of my mail application when it is open as in the attachment. View attachment 2362577
Yes, I did see that previously. All Sent is also empty, except for the few that were sent from Apple Mail.

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
All Sent is also empty, except for the few that were sent from Apple Mail
It sounds as if we get to the same place re using Apple Mail. I open it by clicking on the app from my Mac. Your comment "except for the few that were sent from Apple Mail" I think solves the problem of what is happening. I was startled when using my laptop that my emails were not showing on my mac mini. It seems that with Apple Mail the only emails that show are the ones that were sent from that particular machine. My solution is to use only my mac mini for mail using Apple Mail so that I can see all my emails there. I would have thought that google would have enabled all mail to show but maybe that is rather difficult to fully synchronize.

Further down that column that I took the image from is the heading 'google' and everything shows okay there. Hopefully it does for you too. If not, I really do not know where to go from here re your problem.

oceangirl10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2016
It sounds as if we get to the same place re using Apple Mail. I open it by clicking on the app from my Mac. Your comment "except for the few that were sent from Apple Mail" I think solves the problem of what is happening. I was startled when using my laptop that my emails were not showing on my mac mini. It seems that with Apple Mail the only emails that show are the ones that were sent from that particular machine. My solution is to use only my mac mini for mail using Apple Mail so that I can see all my emails there. I would have thought that google would have enabled all mail to show but maybe that is rather difficult to fully synchronize.

Further down that column that I took the image from is the heading 'google' and everything shows okay there. Hopefully it does for you too. If not, I really do not know where to go from here re your problem.
So as long as the email is send from the particular device, whether using gmail, apple mail or whatever, it would show up in Apple Mail if the account was synchronized? I have sent emails from my other account from Mac, but it still doesn't show up when syncing Apple Mail with that account.

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
I agree that that is how it should work but it seems that for full synchronizing each device has to log into google mail itself rather than via a client program

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.