Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
I'm using Yosemite and apple mail keeps crashing as soon as I hit Reply or Forward, anybody else has the same issue? Any insight on how to fix this?

I think this mainly happens on IMAP mailboxes.

This is annoying as I use the mail app a lot and if this can't be fixed soon, I need to downgrade to Mavericks unfortunately ;(

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Won't even let me set an email account up. I just get a random error and the app closes. More or less stops me giving it a serious testing since mail is quite important. Can't have it all I guess.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I'm using Yosemite and apple mail keeps crashing as soon as I hit Reply or Forward, anybody else has the same issue? Any insight on how to fix this?

I think this mainly happens on IMAP mailboxes.

This is annoying as I use the mail app a lot and if this can't be fixed soon, I need to downgrade to Mavericks unfortunately ;(
I am having the same problem as well but all the time. Earlier today I finally decided to reboot and the problem seemed to go away for now. I have been monitoring the Connection Doctor and Activity screens to see if there is a trend (under the Window tab). Sometimes the Activity screen seems to hang. If the Activity clears up regularly then I am not having a problem. Also, if I have a problem within Connection Doctor then that is indication of a problem.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.