Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpugarte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
I am running Mojave 10.14.6. I was moving emails on my iMac's Apple Mail from one Outlook address to another. Apple Mail has been stuck moving +2K emails for several days. The missing emails are not in either of the 2 mailboxes; neither in Apple Mail or accessing the addresses via Outlook webmail. Apple Mail is receiving emails normally.

When I try to exit Apple Mail, I have to force quit it 2 or 3 times before it shuts down. This leads to believe that the emails might be stuck in some kind of buffer. I need to recoup these emails somehow.

I have run First Aid in regular and safe mode. I have also called Microsoft and Apple. So here I am now. Any suggestions?
IMG_4508.JPG

Untitled.png

mpugarte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Well, I tried to have Microsoft upload a back up that includes the emails that are missing and what I was told is that because I was using Apple mail they really can do so. And this is what I’m gonna say on that because I am still fuming as you can imagine.

I will be filing another support ticket tomorrow, but I won’t hold my breath.

Unfortunately, as I purchased this computer recently as a secondary iMac, I haven’t had the time to setup time machine.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Moving emails between accounts can be tricky and somewhat unreliable even for a quantity far less than you are describing. In my experience, one corrupted email can hang the entire process.

A couple of suggestions for the future…"copy" emails from the source account to the other instead of moving. Verify that they're copied, and then delete the ones on the source account. Also, do this in small batches…I'm thinking 100 would be the smallest batch I'd try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.