Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sugrat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2020
SoCal
Hopefully, someone can help me.

I have two email accounts, to make it simple, I'll call them GMAIL and YAHOO, using both with the apple mail application.

At some point when replying to an email that came to my GMAIL account, I must have accidentally switched the "from account" and replied using my YAHOO account, so now whenever I receive an email from that person, the mail client tries using the YAHOO account to reply from.

I'm guessing it is using some type of cache or history but I've been unable to google-fu it and have come up empty-handed.

Any assistance would be grateful.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
That person must be responding to your yahoo account. That’s why you see that as default response option. I have 7 email accounts synced up via Apple mail. It works as designed.

Just ask the other person to respond to your gmail account.

Reactions: Sugrat

tedley

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
Agree with akash.nu. I have the exact same configuration as you do, one gmail and one yahoo. The emails will go to account of the recipient email' address, period. I've never had an issue either. The person sending the email may have had both your email accounts and switched addresses. I have family members and friends with multiple email addresses and it's easy to select an address you didn't intend to if you're not paying close attention.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It's the sender on the other end who's email app is automatically choosing a certain email address. Only way to stop it is tell them not to use it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.