Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freemanator3030

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
Hi all,
I'm considering my options with regards to a new car. I'm particularly interest in CarPlay as (hopefully) the infotainment system won't become instantly obsolete!
I'm an avid iPhone user, and use it as my satnav in my current car. I am however, not the biggest fan of Apple maps. I find google maps a more powerful tool and just that bit more accurate. It is my understanding that currently (and probably for the foreseeable future) CarPlay won't support google maps. Is there anywhere online you can find out updates with regards to Apple maps? The feature I like on google maps are:
*You can generally find businesses when searching on google maps.
*I like that it lets you know which lane to be in on motorways.
*I like that it lets you know the time in minutes (slower or faster) when there's the option of an alternative route.
*I like that google maps displays a notification type thing when your journey is interrupted telling you that you're still on the fastest route and what the delay is.

Any ideas if/when these features might be added?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
There isn't really a place to go when new features are added but they'll probably be posted here on MacRumors.

iOS 10 should be announced soon so there might be features added then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.