Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
This has driven me crazy for a while and I was hoping someone may have an idea what the problem is. My home address in my contact card is correct, but the Address link in Favorites takes me to a different address. When I click on the pin in Apple Maps for my home it brings up the wrong location (same street number in the same town, but a different street name in a different location). If I click on the pin in contacts it goes to the correct place.

I have tried deleting the favorite in maps and re-inputting the home address in contacts, but it always does the same thing. For example, if the home address in contacts is 10 Main Street, it shows up in Maps as 10 Smith Street.

I can get around the problem by just adding my actual home address as a favorite in Maps and not using the "home" favorites link, but when I'm in the car, I would like to be able to just say "Siri give me directions Home" without stating my home address each time.

I'm in the US and live in a well populated suburb - not in some obscure rural location.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be, or is it just some odd bug?

EDIT: I seem to have been able to fix the problem by changing the contact card and placing the street number and name on the second line and leaving the first line blank. No idea at all why that worked.

Last edited:

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Sounds like you need to move/refine your Home pin.

Thank you. I did try that, but the problem is that it is using a different location in the town that actually exists and is several miles away. It is actually using the incorrect street name.

I just tried something and it seems like it may be working now. I moved the Street name in my contact card from the first line to the second and now it seems to be using the correct address name and showing on the map at the correct location. Go figure ... Must be a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.