Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Is there anyway to keep the Apple Music screen awake while playing, short of setting the screen auto lock to never?
I look in Apple Music settings and didn't see anything.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You need to keep the screen on all the time to achieve your goal. There’s no other way. I assume you don’t want to tap the screen every few minutes either.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
You need to keep the screen on all the time to achieve your goal. There’s no other way. I assume you don’t want to tap the screen every few minutes either.
That is what I was afraid of. Some of my individual streaming apps have this feature but I guess AM does not. Thanks for your reply.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
That is what I was afraid of. Some of my individual streaming apps have this feature but I guess AM does not. Thanks for your reply.
I kind of wish AM had this as well..especially when I'm driving as I typically like full screen Maps on CarPlay and I have my iPhone mounted next to it with Apple Music running. As long as the song has lyrics scrolling, it is fine. As soon as I get a song with no lyrics, it will eventually go to sleep.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I kind of wish AM had this as well..especially when I'm driving as I typically like full screen Maps on CarPlay and I have my iPhone mounted next to it with Apple Music running. As long as the song has lyrics scrolling, it is fine. As soon as I get a song with no lyrics, it will eventually go to sleep.

this is when an Apple watch comes in handy, I use this for music control quite often.

Intrs_tanish

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2019
Your Face
Is there anyway to keep the Apple Music screen awake while playing, short of setting the screen auto lock to never?
I look in Apple Music settings and didn't see anything.

Thanks for any thoughts.
They should add this as a feature tbh, I just got my new MacBook Pro and subscribed to AM just to discover this, Spotify on my old MBA had the no screen sleep feature in full screen mode, this is a shame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.