Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2021
I just signed up for a 3 month trial of Apple Music. I have been using Amazon for my music and it has been good, but looking for something with more options for classical. Anyways long story short, is there a way to load and run the Apple Music Classical app on my MacBook Pro? Or some work around to get it installed?

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
None that I'm aware of. It's been out for a while on iPhone and it's kind of a baffling oversight that they didn't release it for desktop considering intuition would tell you most people that care about the Classical app will be listening on their desktop with their audiophile equipment. I haven't been using it for that reason. Once it comes to desktop I'll probably use it a lot more.

Reactions: overlook237

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2021
None that I'm aware of. It's been out for a while on iPhone and it's kind of a baffling oversight that they didn't release it for desktop considering intuition would tell you most people that care about the Classical app will be listening on their desktop with their audiophile equipment. I haven't been using it for that reason. Once it comes to desktop I'll probably use it a lot more.
I am wondering what they did to lock it out of Mac OS using the iPhone app. I can installer other iPad/iPhone apps on my MacBook Pro, but Apple's is blocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.