Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
"The operation could not be completed / an unknown error occurred"

When I try to play certain songs (that I added myself, not downloaded from Apple Music) I get this error. Then it just skips to the next song. I have tried hard pressing on the problem song, removing the download, and then re-downloading it, and this doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I tried google and all I found was old topics that don't seem to cover this issue so maybe the error code changed at some time?

Any help would be appreciated since this is driving me insane!

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
You say you try to "re-download" it. Is that song from iTunes Match?
I believe its from my "iCloud Music Library" ? I'm still somewhat new to apple music/icloud music library but everything has been good for a few months. This happened today out of nowhere & apple's support is totally useless.

Reactions: Mgza79

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
You may need to upload again. The iCloud Music Library is quite unreliable for some reason.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I believe its from my "iCloud Music Library" ? I'm still somewhat new to apple music/icloud music library but everything has been good for a few months. This happened today out of nowhere & apple's support is totally useless.
Uh....
"iCloud music library" was and still is a mess. Great for some, problematic for others.

You could try multiple times of cloud syncing to see if there is a chance this error going away itself.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I just have this exact problem with Lorde's Green Light (Apple Music song, not my upload) on my iPhone but can play it fine on my iPad. :confused:

Mgza79

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2017
I have the same problem on iPhone 8 from all of thr sudden. Apple support can not help. Also noticed that uploading the song to the cloud might changing the song when it comes to your other devices. I had a song edited to 6:12 then in the cloud it just chamged somehow... and made a slighly different version of it as 5:55 I am so angry!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.