Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hi all,

So people are signed up to my family plan on Apple Music, however their playlists that they created on iTunes which are linked to their Apple ID don't show up in playlists on the Music app for their phone when they open it.

When trying to link via Settings> Music and enabling iCloud Music library, it then says that the phone is registered to a different Apple ID and it'll need to migrate to a new Apple ID (I assume to mine?)

Is there any way around this or to create the playlists for them so it's visible on their music app? The playlists I have on mine don't appear to be on their music app either.

Thanks!

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi all,

So people are signed up to my family plan on Apple Music, however their playlists that they created on iTunes which are linked to their Apple ID don't show up in playlists on the Music app for their phone when they open it.

When trying to link via Settings> Music and enabling iCloud Music library, it then says that the phone is registered to a different Apple ID and it'll need to migrate to a new Apple ID (I assume to mine?)

Is there any way around this or to create the playlists for them so it's visible on their music app? The playlists I have on mine don't appear to be on their music app either.

Thanks!

It shouldn't need to be migrated over to your Apple ID, it should be linked to their own. Have they gotten a new phone recently or a used one? Sometime Apple won't let you link an iphone to another Apple ID for music for 90 days if it had just recently been changed. When they get that error, what options does it give them?

If they have playlist on their desktop iTunes then it should show up in their Music app once iCloud Music Library is enabled.

The playlists don't sync across the different family members accounts. The family plan basically just takes care of billing for all users. I have a bunch of playlists I've made and shared. Once the playlist is made open it, tap the circle with 3 dots near the top, tap share playlist and share it with a friend and they can add the playlist to their library. But since it'll be an Apple Music playlist, only the creator (you) can add/remove music to it and it will stay in your Music app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.