Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Maybe this title is a bit dramatic but I'm pretty irritated. On my drive to work this morning, a song I've had in my music library for 10+ years , long before Apple Music, came up on my shuffle. Edited. WTF. This is my music. I paid for the explicit version.

The other day, I heard a version on a Seether song I'd never heard before. A song I'd had in my library, again, long before I ever had Apple Music. Surprised, I navigated to that artists page in my library looking for the original. Nope. Only this new version is available. What happened to my file? The original version? Is it gone?

Why is Apple f****** with my s***? How do I stop this?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's just a matching error. Happens occasionally because the matching algorithm is heuristic. The original file is still on whatever machine you used to match/upload your library (unless you explicitly deleted it).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
It's just a matching error. Happens occasionally because the matching algorithm is heuristic. The original file is still on whatever machine you used to match/upload your library (unless you explicitly deleted it).
So if I sync my phone with iTunes I'll get my own music back, unedited?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
So if I sync my phone with iTunes I'll get my own music back, unedited?
Yes (assuming you still have the original song in your iTunes library), but iTunes syncing is disabled if you have activated "Sync Library" on the phone, i.e. you can either sync the phone from iTunes or from the cloud, but not both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.