Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPetrucci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
France
Dear forum,

I recently jumped in Apple Music, and I have a question/issue.
My entire music library is on my PC, it's a mix of iTunes purchases and my own CDs I ripped.
I have a collection of LPs from this band "Spock's beard", including their masterpiece LP "Snow" on my iTunes library.

I activated the 'iCloud Music Library' on my PC and on my iPhone (8, iOS 11.3)
So now I have all my artists, albums, playlists etc. synced between PC and iPhone. Neat.

So I launched Music on my iPhone, picked "Spock's Beard", LP "Snow" from my library and, surprise, the album is greyed out, not available in apple music except from 2 ininteresting middle tracks :(

I thought, well, it's unfair (lol) because I have the files on my PC, but heh.
So ok, no problem : I have the files on my pc so I'm just going to plug my iPhone to my PC and copy them over manually via iTunes.
you know the answer "Dear French John Petrucci, you cannot copy the files because iCloud Music Library is active on your iPhone"
Ok, so I deactivated iCloud music lib, I managed to copy the files, but heh, of course I lost all my playlists, artists, and I cannot 'add' albums without activating it..

I was wondering if there were an alternative, other than 'Apple Music + Spotify' to have the best of both worlds I guess ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.