Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Hi all,

I'm currently using Spotify Premium but i'm thinking in unsubscribing as I'm really unhappy about the service. Spotify advertises very loud the feature of offline play when in the practise is a pain to use. First, when you are listening downloaded music in a plane you need to eat than ugly bottom banner saying that you are not connected. The last time I had also to disable data usage for Spotify even in plane mode cause it was trying to connect!. Also, it's not very straight forward to download music from the client, seems that they don't want you to do that ! Or i'm blind or there is no option to download music in the artists/album view, you need to create a playlist and download it.

This is why I'm thinking into switch to Apple Music but I had (and I have) really bad experiences with Apple services here in Europe. Even the simple icloud mail is way slower that other options and in the past I was itunes Match subscriber and was not even close to something usable.

So, based on that two points, I would like to ask:

- Did you had any issues in Europe using Apple Music service in terms of performance, reliability?
- How AM performs when you are not connected like in a plane? it still warns you or is transparent?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I am in the UK and I’ve had no issues using Apple Music. I’ve had Apple Music for nearly 2 years and it’s been great. It’s even better in the car with CarPlay as I can just push a button on my steering wheel and ask it to play an album or a playlist and away it goes.
I’m sure the Apple offer some free trials for Apple Music....try before you buy

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
I'm in the Netherlands, been subscribed to Apple Music since its release and have had no issues whatsoever. When I'm not connected, I play one of my downloaded playlists and never get a warning. It just works ;).

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Thanks for the feedback, so it seems that the download is also by playlist or you can download an album?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.