Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I am quite angry about this. I signed up for the free trial for Apple music and so far, despite a few negatives, have overall found it and many of the UI changes a step forward. However there is a huge issue that appeared concerning restrictions that I just noticed yesterday.

I understand that the streaming and radio part of AM are only allowed to broadcast “clean” versions of songs. I never expected this to extend to my iTunes app (the download store on my iPhone) or worse to my personal library – which I keep – or kept – entirely on my 128 GB iPhone 6. I saw some songs on the store were blocked from downloading – and “explicit” songs from my library (the stuff bought and downloaded from the iTunes store) no longer on my phone. Go into settings and see my restrictions are on. But I NEVER had turned on restrictions on my phone. Ok try to unlock it but have to enter a passcode so try different short version of my complex passcode I now use as I moved to touch ID but it doesn’t work after 8 tries. But then I never had it on-maybe I did on my previous iPhone 5? If so I can’t remember it – again I never turned this on my current phone. The worst? My iTunes library on my PC has restrictions turned off!!

So, has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions or ways to recover the restriction passcode? Why can’t touchID be used for that too?? If I have to reset my phone what do I risk losing? I’d hate to lose my contacts, notes, game progress and app data for example.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Never mind, remembered my restrictions passcode. The main issue though is that Apple Music changed my restrictions on music from explicit to clean without my knowledge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.