Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
Maybe I’m just missing something but every time I use CarPlay (wired) and listen to music, when I get out of the car I will have the music widget on my Lock Screen with the song paused.

I can’t get rid of the widget even if I go into running apps, Apple Music is NOT running.

To remove the widget I have to open the music app, then close the music app fully (swipe up). Seems like a terrible design flaw or is there a way to clear the widget I’m not noticing?

Reactions: fatTribble

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I get the same, i just leave it and it does disappear of its own accord after a while.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I’ve submitted several suggestions to Apple to allow us to disable that Music window. It appears on my iPad full screen after I listen to any music. The window on iPhone pops up randomly even when I haven’t listened to anything.

I definitely see how it would be useful to some people. But anytime you do something automatically with no option to disable you annoy a segment of users. Apple went to such great lengths to allow Lock Screen customizations yet they throw that window up with no way to disable or close. Just seems odd to me.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
More annoying than the music one staying up after CarPlay etc is the fact that Twitter\X is again showing the same panel if you watch a video clip on the app and that stays on after you leave the app.

StageMomma

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2019
South Carolina
This happens to me with the Podcast app as well. I've had to do the same as you and open the app to then force close it. It's annoying but I don't think they consider it a bug....therefore they are unlikely to do much about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.