Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boultonn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2017
London
Having been using Apple Music Lossless on a few of my devices since it was launched, I am persistently encountering weird issues during playback so wanted to see if others were too and what they'd tried to fix them.

It seems the main issue is that many songs when playing get stuck after 15 seconds. It's always 15 seconds in (0:15) and you cannot scrub forward or backwards, only option is to skip to the next song. You can skip back to the start and it'll play for first 15 seconds again and get stuck.
It only affects Lossless or Hi Res Lossless audio and seems to occur regardless of whether it's been streamed or is downloaded. It happens both via AirPlay and just playing from the device.
If you go to Settings > Music and change streaming quality back to just High Quality and restart the song it works fine.
So is anyone else having weird issues with Lossless tracks?

I've also had issues with random pausing during Lossless songs while out and about using AirPods, you can simply press play and it'll continue, but then pause 30-odd seconds later.

geesus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
Yep exactly the same problem trying to Airplay to my Sonos Arc. Turning off lossless solves it. iPhone and MacBook working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.