Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phil.marcotte007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
Ever since I upgraded to my new Iphone 8 Plus.

When I try to download music for offline listening from my icloud music library, the wheel spins for a second but then turns back to the cloud and does not download the music. It seems to do that for all albums that were added before the restore. If I add a new album, it will download, but old albums in my library won't.

I've tried changing wifi network, resetting my network settings and turning off and back on I cloud music library to no avail. Has anyone encountered this and found a solution ?

Thanks

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
This happened to me. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it, but one of the things that I tried that you haven't you tried, is I went to one of the troublesome tracks, 3D Touched on it*, and pressed remove download. I then tried to download it again. That seemed to kick everything back into action.

If that doesn't work I'd recommend deleting some local music files via the storage and usage panel in the main iPhone settings.

*If you're on an older device, I think the equivalent is to tap and hold.

Heres2thecrazy

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
GTown
Happening to me as well! Also Apple Music keeps skipping or pausing. I thought maybe that was a product of my data usage, but I checked that and that isn't it.

phil.marcotte007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
I have found the issue.
I used to be an itunes Match subscriber. The music I was having issues with was the one that was matched with Apple. Since I am not a subscriber anymore, it looks like apple is not switching over to Apple music to find the sources to download the files. Removing them from my library and adding them back from AppleMusic makes it possible for me to download them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.