Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi,

I downloaded a .m4a file to my computer which I drag and dropped into iTunes. I then right-clicked the file in iTunes, clicked on "album information" (I hope that's the exact translation since I'm using the German version), entered a few infos and then clicked on "Cover" to load in a .png file which is located in the same folder as the song.

On my Macbook everything is fine now but the problem is that on my iPhone the cover art is missing.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks and best wishes
Chris

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Check your image file size. If it is over 5MB/10MB, it will not be transferred to your iPhone. Also, it supports PNG and JPG better than potentially any other format.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for your reply. It is under 1 MB and the file format is .png.

Edit: Just checked on my iPad and there I have the same problem so probably that’s some general macOS/iOS problem for me.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Thanks for your reply. It is under 1 MB and the file format is .png.

Edit: Just checked on my iPad and there I have the same problem so probably that’s some general macOS/iOS problem for me.
Weird. You can delete the image, sync once, add the image, and sync again. It does the trick for me a few weeks back when I had the same problem.

Reactions: chris4565
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.