Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffreyropp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
I recently picked up an Amazon Fire Tablet 7" as a casual web browsing device. For $39, its quite usable after rooting and eliminating all the Amazon sales content.

My question is this...does anyone know why Apple Music is not available on this device? The Google PLay store simply says its "incompatible".
Would I need to install a custom ROM and replace the Fire OS with a generic version of Android to do so?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

owcs

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Because Jeff Bezos won't allow it, and Amazon tablets run a customized version of some ancient form of Android.
Actually, go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205381 and click on a country. (Except China) This is the page so if you have Apple Music in your country but not the Play store. It will download an .apk file that will be in english. You can install it and have the official version of Apple Music.

bjmcgill34

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2017
Manchester UK
Actually, go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205381 and click on a country. (Except China) This is the page so if you have Apple Music in your country but not the Play store. It will download an .apk file that will be in english. You can install it and have the official version of Apple Music.

I went to the page www.apple.com/lae/apple-music/android-download

clicked on download now.

I was immediately asked do you want to keep applemusic.apk anyway?

when I clicked OK, I was transferred to a thankyou page. Nothing else happened. Nothing appeared in the notification area when I swiped down from the status bar.

I haven't tried downloading via google play yet. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong

Brian

owcs

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2017
I went to the page www.apple.com/lae/apple-music/android-download

clicked on download now.

I was immediately asked do you want to keep applemusic.apk anyway?

when I clicked OK, I was transferred to a thankyou page. Nothing else happened. Nothing appeared in the notification area when I swiped down from the status bar.

I haven't tried downloading via google play yet. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong

Brian
Try going to downloads in a file explorer like es file explorer and install it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.