Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the yearly subscription to apple music, but I would like to share it among my family that are in my icloud family sharing is it possible?

thanks,

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the yearly subscription to apple music, but I would like to share it among my family that are in my icloud family sharing is it possible?

thanks,
Not sure but can you tell me where I access the yearly subscription choice. I pay monthly and don't see a choice for an annual payment.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
from what i read online, you must first have an active monthly subscription then you can change it to a yearly one. for ($99.00 CAD)

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I just checked mine I use family plan, I can only get yearly for single user, Family Plan only lets me do Monthly
I currently have Individual monthly plan and only see options for family plan and student plan when looking at Managing my subscription. No yearly plan available. Is it only available for North America perhaps?

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
yes I believe it is only available for north America.
Another of Apple's "we will gladly suck up your money if you are outside North America and will happily not offer you many of the benefits on offer in North America" schemes. Really poor customer service approach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.