Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
So I upgraded to iphone 14 Pro Max. Apple Music whether I'm streaming on Ear buds or in my Car via Bluetooth. It will randomly stop and I have to kill Apple Music app and restart it. I have tried reinstalling Apple Music. But no luck. Has anyone observed this behavior? I hadn't had this issue on my 13 Pro max. Is this Bluetooth issue? Cellular ISsue? Apple Music App? It happens pretty consistently. At least 1-2 times before it seem to stay stable. Until I close it and play again later.

chazzee

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2017
Could be any number of those things you mentioned! One tip that helped a few people is to reset the phone network settings, but just bear in mind if you do this it will change your phone name back to default (Go to General/About to change it back) and remove all of your saved wifi passwords. Also checking what streaming rate you have configured in the Apple Music settings to check the cellular connection can handle it; maybe dropping down from lossless if that’s currently selected on cellular.

For me that didn’t work, and I continue to have skipped songs, times when it just refuses to play, and this is on CarPlay and Apple Watch, even in areas with strong cellular reception. I also get an error message when trying to play some curated stations as well, so I think Apple Music is quite buggy, as I only started having these issues on ios16. I’m using Spotify for the moment, until it’s hopefully sorted out, as I can’t handle messing around with my music when out on a run or whilst driving.

Reactions: MacDaddyPanda

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
I'll try the network settings reset. But yeah. My Google search seemed to yield minimal results. Some of the behavior seems more like what you describe from others.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Stupid part I can't reproduce the problem on command. Im listening to music now after resetting network settings. Im on cellular and my Sony bt earbuds to try to see if it happens still. As this is how i listen usually at work.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
After trying the network reset, changing the lossless to 48kHz from 192kHz. Still randomly stops in the middle of a song. Sometimes it displays "...Request Timed out..." Message. Sometimes no message. It just freezes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.