Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
Anyone else have this issue - I have a 2020 Kia Telluride SX and an iPhone 12 Max Pro. When I connect the phone, Apple Car Play works ok, but there is one annoying issue:

Sometimes, I'll start some other app on my iPhone, but Apple Music starts playing, even though I had it completely closed. Also sometimes music starts playing just when I plug the phone in - and I don't have the Music app open.
It just decides to start playing when I'm not asking it to play. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

PS: This isn't just happening in Kia Tellurides. I posed this question on a Telluride forum and other reported the same issue with other cars using Apple CarPlay.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Car play as well as USB connections tend to restore the state you had when you disconnected including the track played. You might have played something else, but on mine it will return where you left off in the car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.