Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Switched from Spotify to Apple Music (AM). More than once, and yesterday was particularly annoying, I'm driving, using AM via CarPlay and after a couple songs on a playlist, it goes to the next song and sits there at 0:00. Then after what seems like an eternity, it advances to the next song on the playlist and sits there at 0:00. Repeat. Sometimes, it quickly advances through the songs, playing none of them.

Yesterday, I tried different playlists and some worked but others would not play, despite force-closing AM and trying the playlist again. At times I received "Resource not available" or "Not Playing" in AM.

Oddly, I get home and try it and it plays fine.

I never had this sort of problem with Spotify. It was rock solid, but this issue has affected me more than once in a short period of time.

Ideas?

Crunchynut

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2022
Derby, England
Switched from Spotify to Apple Music (AM). More than once, and yesterday was particularly annoying, I'm driving, using AM via CarPlay and after a couple songs on a playlist, it goes to the next song and sits there at 0:00. Then after what seems like an eternity, it advances to the next song on the playlist and sits there at 0:00. Repeat. Sometimes, it quickly advances through the songs, playing none of them.

Yesterday, I tried different playlists and some worked but others would not play, despite force-closing AM and trying the playlist again. At times I received "Resource not available" or "Not Playing" in AM.

Oddly, I get home and try it and it plays fine.

I never had this sort of problem with Spotify. It was rock solid, but this issue has affected me more than once in a short period of time.

Ideas?
I’ve had something similar. I didn’t investigate fully but put it down to the fact that for my phone I have the storage limit set for music, and that therefore some tracks in my library had deleted themselves (from the phone, not the library) and because of poor data connection they couldn’t stream.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cellular issue as it persisted for quite some time (surely I passed through a few cell towers range) and had very strong 5G signal (I even switched my phone to LTE in case 5G was being a problem).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.