Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
We have tracks from Apple Music added to our library. I used to subscribe to iTunes Match but let that expire this month. When using the Music app on the aTV4, I am constantly getting messages that I need to subscribe to iTunes Match or Apple Music to play the track. We do have a subscription to Apple Music, but I think somewhere iTunes has gotten confused and doesn't recognize that we subscribe to Apple Music.

Anyway, I may need to rebuild the iTunes library and re-establish the link between our library and iCloud Music Library. We have over 100 tracks downloaded from Apple Music. How do we avoid losing them with a rebuild or is there a way to document them? We have created an Apple Music playlist. Can that be exported and re-imported or something like that?

Spontaneously stopped give the error message (iCloud issue?). But I would still like to know how to rebuild an iTunes library and be able to keep or add back the Apple Music tracks that have been added over time.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.