Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Make a Playlist that only contains their songs.

Can I make a playlist by only selecting albums?

I tend to listen to artist that have 10 plus albums.

Having to select every single song would be very tedious.

As you can tell I do not make playlist.

Thanks.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

Thanks.
If using iOS in Album view just hit the ellipse and select 'Add to Playlist'. Even easer in iTunes.

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks.

Yeah you can make playlist adding full albums at a time. Next to the album tap the "..." And select "Add To A Playlist"

Once you've made a the playlist you can shuffle the entire playlist.

As of iOS 9.3 beta there is a new option in the Music app settings that can toggle off when adding something to a playlist it will not also add it to your Library. This is handy when you just want something in a playlist only and not clogging up your own music library as well.

Reactions: whsbuss

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Yeah you can make playlist adding full albums at a time. Next to the album tap the "..." And select "Add To A Playlist"

Once you've made a the playlist you can shuffle the entire playlist.

As of iOS 9.3 beta there is a new option in the Music app settings that can toggle off when adding something to a playlist it will not also add it to your Library. This is handy when you just want something in a playlist only and not clogging up your own music library as well.

I don't see that option.
1524a66931c5299d023dbc3910c98d36.jpg

I got it working. Thanks for you're help.

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The option I mentioned at the end of my post is for 9.3 only. And also you would have to have iCloud Music Library enabled as well.

(Previously adding something to a playlist would also add it to your library. Now there is the option to not do that. Since you do not have iCloud Library enabled you do not get that option and again also requires to be on 9.3.)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 104

goobot

macrumors 604
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Go to library and select the pink writing in the middle, it has options like artists, songs ect. Choose artist and choose the artist you want. There you go.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
Yes. It will only play one album at a time.

I would like it to play songs randomly from the artist entire library.

Tap in the artist's face. It will play all their songs. I think it's plain obvious.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tap in the artist's face. It will play all their songs. I think it's plain obvious.

That only works if it's in your Library (My Music)

The OP is talking about when doing a search for an artist in Apple Music that is NOT in your Library.

It has to be added to a Playlist or your Library.

When I tap an artist face nothing happens.

Another method to play an artist from Apple Music is to use Siri. By saying "play artist insert artist name here"" or "shuffle artist "insert artist name here"".

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
That only works if it's in your Library (My Music)

The OP is talking about when doing a search for an artist in Apple Music that is NOT in your Library.

It has to be added to a Playlist or your Library.

Another method to play an artist from Apple Music is to use Siri. By saying "play artist insert artist name here" or "shuffle artist "insert artist name here".

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.