Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhema

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
of sorts.

Basically there are a few things that I'm tired of from apple.
One main thing is thier commercials. ITs been the same concept for a long long time. Very simple, very plain, and look how much better we are than microsoft.

Honestly, it makes me not like apple. There are so many companies out there with amazing, and very creative commercials. Take for instance the HP commercials, Making computers personal again, those commercials are great, and brita water filter, where the people are floating in everyday type situations.

i mean come on, for years apple has gone hand and hand with the creative industry and the best they can come up with is, "atleast we're better than windows" and it'd be one thing is if they only did a few commercials like that, but its been a year or so now and the same idea behind all thier commercials.

If any other company did that, they'd be mocked, but just because the almighty apple did it, its automatically cool.

I really want less of "oh look how dumb windows is" and more of "look at how great apple is"

another thing that kinda bothers me is the super simplicity of apple's design.

on one hand, I like it, but on the other, I feel that they could do a lot more with it. I dont know, mabye i'm just being to critical. I know a lot of people will say that its thier simplicity that sets them apart, but for me, its just getting old, and its seems to not show off how good apples can be, apple commercials should be some of the most creative ones out there.

Apple kinda stikes me at one of those companies that just assumes that everythign they touch is gold and that people will just rush to buy it. and dont get me wrong, most of the time the stuff they produce is gold. but I think a big issue is that they've never had other computer companies fighting them in the creative field, its always been apple = creative, microsoft = business. and now that microsoft has tried to re-brand themselves as being able to be creative also, apple needs to fight back, not with name calling and pointing out everyone elses flaws and the "buy an apple because we dont suck like the PC", but with showing the public just how great apple really can be.

but oh well, just my thoughts. mabye steve jobs will read this..haha

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I agree and disagree with some of your points, and will add some of my own.

I like Apple's industrial design--the only sore thumb at this point might be the regular iPod which looks a bit outdated compared with the shuffles and nanos, but it's due for an update soon.

I like Apple's Mac TV spots. They're easy, simple, and not too overwhelming. They might want to go for a bit more variety with the iPod music ads, the indie pop gets a little old.

Where I would like design change is with their website--they are using a design reminiscent of older versions of OS X. I would also like to see metal abolished. Death to metal! (Ie, Safari, Quicktime UI)

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
of sorts.

Basically there are a few things that I'm tired of from apple.
One main thing is thier commercials. ITs been the same concept for a long long time. Very simple, very plain, and look how much better we are than microsoft.

Honestly, it makes me not like apple. There are so many companies out there with amazing, and very creative commercials. Take for instance the HP commercials, Making computers personal again, those commercials are great, and brita water filter, where the people are floating in everyday type situations.

i mean come on, for years apple has gone hand and hand with the creative industry and the best they can come up with is, "atleast we're better than windows" and it'd be one thing is if they only did a few commercials like that, but its been a year or so now and the same idea behind all thier commercials.

If any other company did that, they'd be mocked, but just because the almighty apple did it, its automatically cool.

I really want less of "oh look how dumb windows is" and more of "look at how great apple is"

another thing that kinda bothers me is the super simplicity of apple's design.

on one hand, I like it, but on the other, I feel that they could do a lot more with it. I dont know, mabye i'm just being to critical. I know a lot of people will say that its thier simplicity that sets them apart, but for me, its just getting old, and its seems to not show off how good apples can be, apple commercials should be some of the most creative ones out there.

Apple kinda stikes me at one of those companies that just assumes that everythign they touch is gold and that people will just rush to buy it. and dont get me wrong, most of the time the stuff they produce is gold. but I think a big issue is that they've never had other computer companies fighting them in the creative field, its always been apple = creative, microsoft = business. and now that microsoft has tried to re-brand themselves as being able to be creative also, apple needs to fight back, not with name calling and pointing out everyone elses flaws and the "buy an apple because we dont suck like the PC", but with showing the public just how great apple really can be.

but oh well, just my thoughts. mabye steve jobs will read this..haha

You post nothing except complaints. I take exception to your uninformed, ill-founded, product bashing. You evidently seem to prefer Brand X, so why are you here whining? Give it a rest, man.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
if apple wanted to make amazingly creative ads, i'm sure they could. but they don't, because they want simple ads to drive home the point that macs can do the same things people do on their windows computers, only easier and better. i think their ad campaign, dating back to the switch ads, works great. i agree, though, that apple's website needs to be a little updated. maybe brushed metal, too.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2006
I personally like the apple ads. I do think they are a bit over the top though in sheer numbers. Most of my friends use pc's and it is a big turn off to them that it seems that all apple does is attack pc's, rather than showing the benefits of macs. But again, I do like them, I just think apple should branch out a little bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.