Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunclarke04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2022
They/Them ⬜️??⬛️
i started using apple news (Not apple news+) on iPhone. followed channels, topics, etc.

but when I open news on mac it doesn't show any of my followed topics or channels and the feed isn't tailored to me the same as on iPhone. its had a few days to sync.

ios 15.5
macOS 11.6.6
news for mac 6.4.1

followed channels and topics on iPhone:
IMG_5170.PNG

nothing showing up under followed on mac
Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 06.17.23.png

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Are you using the same Apple ID with both devices and do you have iCloud sync enabled? It should work so long as both devices are using the same Apple ID and both devices have iCloud services enabled.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Wow, I don't know what to say to your issue, I followed iMore this morning on my iPhone, just checked both iPad and Mac, they both show as Followed on both devices. I currently am not subscribed to News+, only on the free version though I once had a free subscription to News+ that has expired about 5 months ago. Sounds to me that you must be experiencing some kind of iCloud service issue.

On a completely different note; I wish Apple One would change it's subscriptions to Apple News+ included with Apple One. I don't give a damn about Arcade, let me have News+ instead of Arcade.

gold333

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2010
i started using apple news (Not apple news+) on iPhone. followed channels, topics, etc.

but when I open news on mac it doesn't show any of my followed topics or channels and the feed isn't tailored to me the same as on iPhone. its had a few days to sync.

ios 15.5
macOS 11.6.6
news for mac 6.4.1

followed channels and topics on iPhone:
View attachment 2013613
nothing showing up under followed on mac
View attachment 2013612
I have the exact same issue. In my case the iPad shows the correct “Channels and topics” I follow. My iPhones just show “Apple News Spotlight”.

Typical Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.