Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
When running Apple News +, is there any way to "slide" the left navigation bar out of side so that the whole screen can be used for magazine display or whatever other display I want to see in full screen?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
When running Apple News +, is there any way to "slide" the left navigation bar out of side so that the whole screen can be used for magazine display

Not sure I understand the question. When you select an article, or a magazine, it displays full screen ....

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Not sure I understand the question. When you select an article, or a magazine, it displays full screen ....
I'm referring to the left side of the screen that lists "channels & topics". Underneath that is N Today, News + and so forth. In total, this column takes up about 30% of the screen.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
'm referring to the left side of the screen that lists "channels & topics". Underneath that is N Today, News + and so forth. In total, this column takes up about 30% of the screen.

So you want to browse through available articles without the side bar?

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
So you want to browse through available articles without the side bar?
NO, I just want to be able to read a magazine or another story WITHOUT the navigator column taking up 30% of the screen. I guess it's not possible...

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
There's a sidebar icon at the top of the screen. Touch it to hide the sidebar.
COOL! I've been swipping all over the screen up to now EXCEPT the icon. Works great. Thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.